Web designing is the process of creating a website that is going to showcase business on other platforms. Web designers try hard to make a website user-friendly and easy to use. A website is going to attract traffic after all, so it becomes important to make it best. Although there are some basic elements that every website must have, however, some web designers neglect at some points. Following are the top elements that a website should have:-
- Complicated navigation never provides a user-friendly experience to visitors. It should be easy to use and should be guided well. Don’t make menu and icons overwhelming; instead, they should be simple and easy to understand as much possible.
- Responsive web design is the one more highly useful element to include to create a user-friendly website. Responsive website design will save your money and energy while making your site useful for desktop as well as mobile users.
- Navigation guide users through a site so the scrolling should be easier. If a navigator is easier to use than people will stay on-site for a longer period. Businesses, either small or big, they need to introduce themselves in an effective way to their users. Similarly goes for an online presence.
- Every website contains a page that is “About Us” telling site visitors about what is this business all about, how do they operate and how they are unique etc. A website without this is frustrating for the users as they are unable to know about the business in the shortest and precise way. This page is must-have plus it should be simple, interested and delivering an important piece of information about a business.
- Contact information is highly required to be very visible and accurate on a site. It must include the physical address of the business along with contacts like email, phone numbers, social media access, etc. It can be included in the header or footer depending on the site design.
- Call to action is something that tells users to take action and be a part of potential customers or users at least. A website should have an appropriate call to action button.
- The signup form is quite popular nowadays. It tells people to sign up for the newsletters, services, products, email etc so that they could take action instead of leaving the page right after checking the site.
- The search button is also a useful element for users. It should be simple to use and big enough to include keywords they are searching for.
- Visuals attract people more than written words or anything. Therefore make sure to include great images when designing a website. These images should be relevant, high quality, attractive and should not be overwhelming.
- The footer of a website is an opportunity to connect your audience by providing them useful information and ways to connect you. Include all the information you feel necessary with the simplicity of design. It should not look messy instead of organized and informative.
Thus, these are some of the website design guidelines that can make a site effective and user-friendly.